Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rainy Days

Rainy days...I don't like them much when it's cold or even chilly or windy. I don't like them much when I have to get out of bed and get out in the weather. Today is one of those days. I really did want to just turn over and stay in bed for a long time. I guess a lazy streak has attacked me.

I don't think I could live in a section of America - or the world - where days are gray more than they are sunny. Too much gray is not good for you; your mood can begin to turn gray too.

I am thankful, though, for the rain and the gray days we've had recently. The upstate of SC has been in a serious drought condition for several years. Finally having rain on a semi-regular basis is an answer to prayer. The grass, trees and flowers love a little regular rain. The creeks, ponds and lakes are getting a little fuller. The water table is rising a little. And for that I can thank God.

In Old Testament times, God withheld the rain to show his power and to humble his people, does He still do that today - or is it just global warming or something? I believe my God is the creator who controls it all and still has His hand on this world. The wind and waves obeyed the voice of Jesus during a storm 2000 years ago, why would they not obey today?

No comments:

Post a Comment