Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Springtime

I love the spring. I love the longer days, the cool mornings and warm afternoons, the flowers and trees that are blooming - and the greening of the trees. I love going to the park for lunch and playing outside with my grandchildren. I love the blue skies and the smells and sounds of spring.

What I love most about spring is that it reminds me of God's faithfulness. After the barrenness of winter, trees with no leaves, skies often gray, wind and rain, short days and long nights, year after year spring comes.

Spring is rebirth, everything new and fresh, second chances. That's what God has promised for me. Jesus died to give me new life, to make me a new creation, to fulfill promises made long ago. Every time I screw up and ask for forgiveness, God forgives. God makes new opportunities for me to serve Him, new friends to laugh and cry with, new awareness of His presence, new understanding of His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment