Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grandkids and the Rain

I wasn't sure how this weekend was going to stack up. It's been raining a lot for several days. When the grandkids come on the weekend, I like having options...like going for a walk or going to the park or riding skateboards and bicycles but when it's pouring down rain those are not really good options.

While we were at supper Friday night, Nathan's best friend called to ask him to go to the 7 PM movie. So we met Cole and his mom and dad at the theater and then Bella and I headed home to a Little Rascals movie. By the time it was over Nate was home so we watched Shrek. When Bella fell asleep...she brought her princess tent and set it up in my bedroom, Nathan wanted to watch I Am Legend. Since his mom sent it with him, I said OK. About 30 minutes in we turned it off and put Shrek back in. I Am Legend was just too intense for a 9 year old, and me too.

I think we watched Shrek 5 times this weekend. I hope I don't have to see it again any time soon. I guess we didn't REALLY watch it all those times, but it was playing. Nathan was busy with his Teck Decks most of the time and Bella was jumping on the mini trampoline.

Teck Decks are little finger skateboards with removable trucks. He also has a ramp, some stairs with a rail and a quarter pipe for doing tricks. I knew he had 'em but I didn't know they are such a big deal. We watched several videos on You Tube about how to do tricks with them. Nathan amazes me sometimes. He can do all the tricks with his fingers on these little boards that he can do on his real skateboard.

We also went to the hardware store and got Nathan a roll of duct tape. Seems there is a fad where kids make hats and wallets and such out of duct tape.

Bella, the little princess, got to help cook breakfast and lunch. At 4 1/2 she is REAL slow but loves to help so I try to slow my pace to hers. She was so proud of all she did to help. All in all it was a much quieter weekend than we usually have and don't really know why. I love it when they come, but I also love it when they leave! Ah, the joy of being Grandma Nancy!

Now, for a long night's sleep and a full day of volunteering at NewSpring Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment