Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Ecomony

We've just started a new series at NewSpring called Where's My Bailout? Perry is teaching us what God says about money. And He says more about money than faith or heaven or hell. Tells me that God believes money - or rather my attitude about it - is REALLY important.

Thursday morning of last week my boss came in and closed the door, said he wanted to talk. My thought was Uh, Oh! But he wasn't there to chew me out or tell me I was fired or anything, even though things have been tough financially for us. What he did tell me was that he feels like his knuckles are white from holding on so tight during the last 6 months.

One thing I said to him was what Perry said tonight...God is in control. My boss knows it but he doesn't believe it; not deep down in his heart. He has started believing the doom and gloom from the talking heads who tell us the end is near. Well, maybe life as we know it is changing, but my God owns the cattle on a thousand hills...more than enough to feed and clothe his children.

Concern over the economy? Sure. I've taken steps to cut expenses and increase savings, smart stuff. Worry over the economy? No, I have God's promise that if I put him first in my finances - as well as other areas of my life - He will provide all that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment