Sunday, March 1, 2009

Let It Snow

Well, just when I thought Spring was here...the yellow bell and Bradford pears are blooming...we're having a big snow. Big for SC that is. It's been snowing for about 5 hours and we have over 5 inches of snow on the ground. The snow isn't supposed to end until around 3 AM.

It is a pretty snow. I like the purity, the whiteness, the cleanness of the snow before it gets to be dirty slush; before people put their feet in it; before the cars streak it up. I also like the quiet. There are no cars or trucks running up and down the street. No loud stereos booming as they go by. No nothing. Just snow and quiet. That's kinda nice. I wouldn't want it every day but occasionally, for us once every 4 or 5 years, a quiet snow is nice.

And then there is the 1/2 day I'll take off from work tomorrow. Every one else will take a full day because the schools are closed but it is supposed to be warm enough by mid day to melt the snow. I'll play it by ear and may just stay home too. I'm caught up on my work for the first time in about 3 weeks. I was able to see the top of my desk when I left on Friday...that's practically a miracle.

I hope Nathan and Bella build a snowman tomorrow and make snow angels and snow ice cream and have a snowball fight; all the fun stuff. This is probably Bella's first "real" snow. Can't wait to hear what she thinks of it when she's here on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment