Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Question Doesn't Change

I was reading 1 Chronicles 17 about David's desire to build a house for the Lord and God's response to David through Nathan the prophet. What struck me were all the declarations God made: I have not; I brought up; I have gone; I have moved; I speak; I commanded; I took; I have been; I will make; I will appoint; I appointed; I will subdue; I declare; I will raise up; I will establish; I will be; I will not; I will confirm. God's telling David, and me, that it's ALL about Him.

David's response to this was "Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house, that You have brought me thus far?" That's really the question of the hour to me...who am I that You, God, have blessed me with salvation, family, health, home, friends, security, transportation, clothes, food, intelligence, work, sunsets, dreams, abilities, confidence, flowers, song birds, and the list goes on. I am NOBODY! Wait that is not right...I am a daughter of the Most High God, a bride of Jesus Christ, my FATHER lives in Heaven and created the universe! But that still begs the question - who am I that I should be chosen?

Open my mind, my eyes and ears, my heart to know how best I can worship You; how to fulfill the destiny You have for me. I do not believe that You are finished with me yet and the best is yet to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment