Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Sunday at NewSpring - but Not

This was a weird day. It's Sunday and I'm always in church at NewSpring on Sunday, except today. When I am not volunteering on the Production Team, which is an all day commitment, I attend the 6 PM service. Today was to be no different.

I had a lazy morning, reading my home group study book, reading the Bible, listening to the rain. Boy did we have LOTS of rain today. About 3 PM, I took a shower and got dressed. It takes about 30 minutes for me to make the drive to Greenville but because of the heavy rain, I decided to leave 15 minutes earlier than usual to head to the 6 o'clock service. In the 10 - 12 minutes it took to get to the interstate, the rain had changed to snow. I didn't debate TOO long in making the decision to go back home. The drive over would not have been bad but I didn't relish the idea of driving home alone at 7:30 or 8:00. The interstate would probably not be a problem but the road from the interstate to my house could be disastrous - a very steep hill down and back up, crossing a creek, rounding curves.

I really appreciate the web campus. Even though there were problems with access, being able to participate with the Anderson campus when I couldn't get to Greenville was good. And so far we're up to about 6" of snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment