Thursday, March 26, 2009

God's Will

Someone recently said to me that you can't know God's will but I think you can. I know God's will for me is to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and to love my neighbor as myself.

I know I am to be sexually pure in and out of marriage; give a tithe to the church; give offerings to help the poor. I am to avoid drunkenness, greed, gossip and malicious anger among other things. I am to gather with other believers for worship. I am to pray and to fast. I am not to partner with someone in marriage or business who does not have the same beliefs I have. I am not to worry but trust God to take care of me. I am to spend less than I make so that I don't have debt. I am to live a life of freedom. I am to tell others about the saving power of Jesus Christ. I am to serve Him by serving others. I am to live at peace with others and to be holy.

Does it help me know who to marry? Yep...someone with the same beliefs. Does it help me know which house to buy? Yes...the one I can afford. That also can be applied to colleges and cars and all sorts of things. Should I actually commit to membership in a church? Absolutely...to be with other believers and to give my tithe. Should I volunteer in the community? Yes, to serve Christ. Invite friends, family, neighbors, acquaintances to church? Yes, to tell them about Jesus. And that doesn't even get me started on all that I know is God's will for me.

Some things are more easily known than others perhaps like hiring and firing employees, changing jobs, moving to a new city, investing money. But if I read the Bible, seek God in prayer - really pray without ceasing, and LISTEN for His voice He will make His will known for every situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment