Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For Such a Time as This

I just read the story of Esther. The most well known verse in this book is Esther 4:14. The story of Esther is a rags to riches or nobody to somebody story that intrigues me. Not because Esther was an unknown Jewish girl who became Queen of Persia but because her Uncle Mordecai was convinced that she was Queen in order to save her people...born for such a time as this.

As I think about it, I was born for this time. When I was born and where I live and work is not an accident or coincidence. God has had plans for me from before I was born. Granted I ran from God for many years and often tried my best to thwart His plans because I wanted to do what I wanted to do. That only led to disaster.

But God never gave up on me and His plan for me is still unfolding. As long as I live, He has purpose and plans that only I can fulfill. There is no one in the universe like me. I find that to be absolutely mind boggling. I may not ever do anything "great" in the eyes of men but being obedient in all things, big and small, that God puts before me, means that I am fulfilling my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment