Monday, August 17, 2009

Fishers of Men

Sunday was one of the most intense Sunday's I have been part of. Perry brought a message that really stepped all over my toes.

Am I BOLD for Christ and the Gospel?
Do I Believe salvation is in the hands of God? Absolutely, I believe He is sovereign and only He can save anybody.

Do I understand I have an Obligation to share the Gospel? Do I really understand that there are people I have an obligation to tell about Jesus?

Do I Leverage my opportunities to speak the name of Jesus into various people and situations?

Will I make a Decision to ask God to use me any time, any place?

Perry read Matthew 4:18-19 and asked...are you fishers of men or keepers of the aquarium? OUCH! As he read that he asked did Jesus say come follow me and I will make you rich? No, He didn't. As I've thought about it He didn't say I will be successful or happy or problem free or have all my dreams come true. He said if I follow Him, I will be a fisher of men; I will lead men and women to Him.

Am I doing that? Am I praying for people I need to start talking to instead? Am I skirting around issues in order not to make someone uncomfortable - like me, or them? They will be REAL uncomfortable if they end up in Hell for all eternity.

No I can't save them but just about everyone who meets Jesus does so because someone took the time to invite them to church, to have the hard conversation, to care more about the other person's eternity than their own comfort zone.

I am willing to pray that prayer...use me God, any way You see fit. Give me opportunities to share my faith and the name of Jesus with those who are dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment