Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Personal Evangelism

We're not having home group tonight because our fearless leaders are in Alaska and our hostess is trying to get her daughter packed and ready to move to college this weekend.

So I am here at Barnes and Noble on a Wednesday night and seeing people I know. They should be in church, but aren't. :)

I am really getting into Bill Hybels book, "Just Walk Across the Room". One of the things that makes it so practical, so useful is his honest approach of being ready to share Jesus but not always having an opportunity. His constant reminder that it's all about the work of the Holy Spirit rather than anything I do. My being available and then following the prompting of the Spirit is all that is required of me.

He also reiterates the seed planting, watering, harvesting principles of scripture. Not every word will be the one that causes someone to see the light but every word, every action done in the name of Jesus is a step in the process.

I am praying that God would use me anytime, any way He sees fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment