Sunday, August 30, 2009

Money Message

Perry preached a great message today about my finances. I always need to hear these messages. I don't have any debt except my home but it is so easy to get off the budget without a reminder of what my priorities should be.

As I've looked at my budget again I find that I am wasting money that could be going into savings or additional principal payment on the house. When I say wasting I mean buying lunch and/or sodas at the drive through. I make tea every week and can take that AND my lunch so I don't have to spend money. The reason I don't is usually laziness; I don't get started early enough to get the sandwich made or the tea poured.

I find that I THINK I remember how much spending money I am supposed to allow myself but then don't actually check to see if my rememberance is correct. Now that I have looked I find that I have been spending more than I should...getting off budget. Living on the budget gives me enough to save for the special meals out and other occasions that might come up. Living off the budget can get me in the red in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment