Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy, Happy Birthday to Me!

I have just celebrated another birthday! WooHoo!! As busy as I've been over the last several weeks I really do FEEL another year older.

It has been a GOOD birthday...lunch with my children and grandchildren on Thursday, lunch with the office ladies on Friday, lots of birthday wishes from facebook friends, some gift cards received, a birthday song from my home group and friends, and I got a raise! I also bought myself an HP netbook. I'd been contemplating a Kindle but I decided to get the mini computer because for the same price it's much more than a book reader. I went on Barnes and Nobles website and download their e-reader and some $4.99 books. Just gotta find a digital Bible.

I couldn't believe I got a raise. Just the day before my boss had called us all into the office to tell us "Time's are tough, but we're OK." He talked to us all about how our income is down and we don't know what a health care reform bill will do to our industry. Wasn't doom and gloom but it was a real times are tough speech. The next day he calls me into his office to say he's giving me a raise. It's not much but it will be more I can save for retirement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment