Monday, August 3, 2009

Following God Is Not Easy

God chose Ezekiel to be His prophet to the Israelites in captivity in Babylon. He even gave Ezekiel a spectacular vision of His glory. Ezekiel was so overwhelmed he fell face down on the ground. (Ezekiel 1:26-28)

God told Ezekiel that he was going to a land of rebels but he was to say, "This is what the Sovereign Lord says." God even told him they would not listen to him and would say terrible things about him. However, God told him not to be afraid, not to be dismayed. (Ezekiel 2:3-7).

God knew He was sending Ezekiel to do a hard thing. Even harder was the fact that God told him if I tell you to say something and you don't warn the people and the people perish, their blood is on your head. If you tell them and they don't repent, they pay the consequences. (Ezekiel 3:18-19).

That's a huge responsibility for Ezekiel to bear...to ALWAYS speak the word of God as He reveals it to him. There have been times in my life when I really felt compelled to say something to someone about Jesus or about the way they were living but I didn't because of fear or uncertainty.

God expects me to be obedient even when it is not easy. Maybe even especially when it is not easy. Jesus went to the CROSS! He is the Son of God, the Creator of the Universe and He LET people abuse Him so He could save us all. Why then am I reluctant to say something that I think someone may not want to hear? Maybe it means I don't really love them or care about them. Maybe it means I'm selfish. Maybe it means I don't really believe the person will end up separated from God for all eternity in a place called Hell.

Show me, Lord, how I can be used by You to reach those around me who need to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Make me dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment