Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Praying for the President

One of the things that really bothers me is all the negative emails I receive about President Obama. I did not vote for him and do not approve of his policies but he is the President of the United States of America.

Whether I approve of him or not, maybe especially if I don't, God tells me I am to pray for him, for those in authority over me. As president he certainly is in authority!

I have seen emails that are very negative, very racially charged, very emotionally charged, very I'm good he's terrible kind of things. And so many of them come from people who profess to be followers of Jesus Christ. I don't remember reading anywhere in the Bible of Jesus taking on the Romans who were the rulers over the people. Or his telling the people how awful the Gentiles were. Seems to me He went about doing what God asked Him to do and had all His harsh words for the religious.

I wonder what our country would be like if all the Christ followers who spend so much time being anti-Obama were to become pro-Christ, 100% obedient to following Him. I think we would have a revival the likes of which we can't even imagine.

But...I gotta start with me, my 100% obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment