Thursday, January 6, 2011

Am I a Threat to Evil

In Acts 19:11-16 we read the story of the sons of Sceva who were Jewish exorcists trying to drive out evil spirits by invoking the names of Jesus and Paul. The evil spirit said I know Jesus and recognize Paul, but who are you?

So what about me? No I don't go around trying to drive out evil spirits but am I known as a threat to those evil spirits conducting their warfare in the heavenly places?

What is there in my day to day life that is driving back the forces of the evil one? Who is crossing over from death to life because of my influence in their lives? How am I rattling the gates of Hell and helping to rescue those who are floundering in their faith - or have no faith at all?

In asking am I threat to evil I guess I'm really asking am I making a difference in anyone's life? Or am I just coasting along, content that I'm on the narrow road to life? This passage says it's a hard way. Is there anything "hard" in my walk through the narrow gate?

No comments:

Post a Comment