Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Veiled Face

When Moses came down from the mountain where he had been receiving the law from God, his face glowed with the reflected glory of God. So much so that Moses put a veil over his face.

Paul, in 2 Corinthians 3:12-18, equates that veil to hardness of heart. Only Christ can take the veil away and He does that "when one turns to the Lord" (vs 16).

Too many times I have forgotten that Jesus is the only one who can lift the veil and change the heart of stone to a heart of flesh. It is easy to get discouraged when friends and family continually reject efforts to speak Jesus and life into them. I have to be reminded that it's not my words but Holy Spirit who will initiate the change in someone. So I pray that He would remove the veil so they might see and understand. But even then they have to say yes to the Holy Spirit as He draws them to Jesus.

Some of my friends are like the Jews of Paul's day - very religious. I can not judge their hearts because only Jesus knows if they belong to Him. But I see and hear the things they say and do and wonder what changes Jesus is making in their lives and whether the veil has actually been removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment