Thursday, January 13, 2011

At the Right Time

In my life I have been characterized by making things happen in MY time. It took a long time to learn (and I'm still learning) to allow things to happen in God's time.

This morning I read in Romans 5:6, "For while we were still weak, at the right time, Christ died for the ungodly." That made me think about 2 Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should reach repentance."

When we are in crisis mode, we want God to act today - yesterday even. We want God to show up RIGHT NOW to take away the crisis, to fix our situation, to make it all better - by our definition of better.

Sometimes God does that. But other times He doesn't. My experience is most of the time He doesn't. Oh, He shows up but His purposes are not the same as mine. His solutions are not the same as mine. His time table is not the same as mine. So when I am in a crisis my priority is to align myself with God, not try to get God to align Himself with me because God always acts at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment