Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Roman Road

I love reading Romans. Sometimes I think what did Paul just say and I have to read the passage again. I don't read many authors who use sentences as long as Paul's. Or who are as theologically profound as Paul. But there is so much in this book that begs for my attention and my memorization.

So today I was reminded of the Roman Road to salvation:

3:23 "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God..."
6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
5:8 "...but God shows His great love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
10:9-10 "...if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
10:13 "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

When speaking to someone who does not know Jesus, it is good to know these verses. I may not go "down the list" but if the opportunity presents itself, the lost person needs to know what God says - not what Perry says and certainly not what Nancy says. Only God's word has the power to change hearts and lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment