Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nate

I am so proud of my grandson, Nate. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that he should give a tithe from his allowance and money he earns before he ever spends it on all the stuff he wants. Last Wednesday when I took him home from Fuse he mentioned to his friend, Justin, that he had put aside $1.00 for his tithe. Today he put that money in the offering plate.

Friday I mentioned that it would be good for him to memorize the names (in order) of the books of the Bible so he can find references easier. By Saturday he had learned the Old Testament from Genesis through Lamentations. Today when Perry said he was reading from 1Samuel, Nate was able to find it easily as he was also able to find the verse in Job.

Then as we started home, he started memorizing Ephesians 3:20 that Perry said he wanted everyone to memorize this week. He got the first half of the verse down by the time we stopped for lunch. And I didn't even mention that to him!

I can't wait to see what God does in his life as he continues to go to Fuse and as he goes to the Gauntlet this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment