Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Regard No One According to the Flesh

Most people have a tendency to spend their time looking at the shape, the color, the age, the clothes, the nationalities, the actions of those around them and making judgments about their worthiness or unworthiness.

Paul, however, tells us to regard no one according to the flesh. That made me think of two different things - the external things about someone else that leads me to like or dislike, accept or reject that person. In other words, THEIR flesh.

But it also made me think about "the flesh" as in MY sinful nature. I should not allow my sinful nature to cloud my view of those around me but should be controlled by the love of God who gave His life for all. And once a person is in Christ, he is a new creation just as I was made a new creation in Christ Jesus.

Help me, Lord, to see people as You see them; to love people as You love them. Help me to put aside my own sinful nature - my prejudices - to talk openly with anyone about the reconciliation available through Jesus Christ. I AM a new creation so the sinful nature has no control on my life or my thoughts. Renew my mind daily as I focus on You seeking to have the mind of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment