Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Condemnation

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (ESV)

That, to me, is one of the most powerful statements in the Bible. No condemnation. What does it mean to be condemned? I found these definitions at www.dictionary.com. Jesus Christ was condemned for me so I can live this life and the life to come with no condemnation. That is huge!

As I read these I realize I don't have to face disapproval or experience punishment from God. There are no grounds for convicting me before God. I will never be unfit for use or service in the kingdom of God. Everything I do for the sake of the kingdom of God, even if unseen or unknown by others (menial job), is of value to God. I can not be declared incurable of any disease because healing will come.


con·demn

  [kuhn-dem]  Show IPA
–verb (used with object)
1.
to express an unfavorable or adverse judgment on; indicatestrong disapproval of; censure.
2.
to pronounce to be guilty; sentence to punishment: tocondemn a murderer to life imprisonment.
3.
to give grounds or reason for convicting or censuring: Hisacts condemn him.
4.
to judge or pronounce to be unfit for use or service: tocondemn an old building.
5.
U.S. Law to acquire ownership of for a public purpose, underthe right of eminent domain: The city condemned theproperty.
6.
to force into a specific state or activity: His lack ofeducation condemned him to a life of menial Jobs.
7.
to declare incurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment