Friday, January 14, 2011

Could Be Me

I have always thought of Romans 1:18-32 as an indication of God's thoughts about America in our current day. Our country is so far removed from the things of God, or so it seems. Maybe it seems that way because those in favor of abortion or same gender marriage or ecology (as a worship of nature) or similar things are more vocal in their demands to have their way.

It's kind of scary to read "God gave them up..." to fulfill all the lusts of their hearts. But as I read the list of sins - envy, covetousness,  murder (Jesus said anger = murder), gossis, faithlessness I thought this could very well be me.  Except for the grace of God, I could be one of those God gave up. In fact He did allow me to pursue all the evil in my heart for many years. Fortunately for me He never gave up on me and continually drew me to Himself until I surrendered my life and my will to Jesus as Lord.

I was also reminded of Elijah, after he defeated the prophets of Baal he ran away scared telling God I'm the only one of Your prophets left. God told Elijah that He had 7000 left in Israel that had not bowed their knees to Baal. So maybe things are not as bad here in America as they seem. At NewSpring Church we are seeing tremendous numbers of people who are experiencing life change by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment