Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Wrath of God

My friend, Joann, reminded me that point number 3 from Perry's message on Sunday was that I have been saved from the wrath of God.

Perhaps I couldn't remember that point because that is the one point that I don't struggle with. I KNOW that I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that God's wrath was poured out on Him for my sins when Jesus went to the cross at Calvary. Hallelujah!

But it is a huge point for those who don't know Christ. Too many people think a loving God would never send anyone to Hell. Well, He doesn't!! People send themselves to an eternity separated from God to a place the Bible says is darkness, with fire and weeping and gnashing of teeth by continually rejecting the Holy Spirit in His attempt to draw them to Christ. God has said over and over those who are not His will be sent away and He always keeps His word.

Anne Graham Lotz said in an interview once that if we continually ask God to leave us alone and keep out of our lives, He is too much of a gentleman to force Himself on us. She was speaking about our country but it applies as well to our personal lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment