Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hubby

Well, I don't have a hubby and don't want a hubby - not now. I have been married and divorced twice. Both times to men that I never should have dated and NEVER, ever have married although I have a terrific son and now grandchildren because of my second marriage. Marriage was long, long ago in a far away land that was focused on me and now, with no thought of God or the future.

But yesterday, when I was shoveling 6" of snow and ice off my car and driveway, I had the passing thought that having a hubby around to do this might be nice. Then I came to my senses and said don't go there in your thoughts because that is not where God wants you to be.

I am convinced that the singleness I've experience for the last 29 years is not just a "season" in my life but an actual gift from God. A gift that allows me to serve God without guilt or restraint whenever and wherever He chooses. Not everyone can be content in singleness but I thank God that He has given me the ability to relish the life He has provided for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment