Thursday, January 13, 2011

This Is My Bible

I've taken this information verbatim from something I got from Walk in the Word back in 2004 from a preaching series called (I think) God Wrote a Book. I often use this to remind myself of the importance of seeking God on a regular basis through the Bible.

I am who [the Bible] says I am. Matthew 5:16
I can do what it says I can do. Philippians 4:13
I am going where it says I will go. John 14:3

God's Word is milk for my soul. 1 Peter 2:2
God's Word is seed for my faith. Luke 8:11
God's Word is light for my path. Psalm 119:105
God's Word is power for my victory. Hebrews 4:12
God's Word is freedom for my life. John 8:32

When I read God's Word it brings me joy. Jeremiah 15:16
When I study God's Word, it keeps me from shame. 2 Timothy 2:15
When I memorize God's Word, it purifies my heart. Psalm 119:11
When I quote God's Word, it defeats my enemies. Ephesians 6:10,17
When I mediate on God's Word, it brings me success. Joshua 1:8
When I abide in God's Word, it gives me confidence. John 15:7

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever." Isaiah 40:8

No comments:

Post a Comment