Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Exactly as I Show You

When God called Moses to come to the mountain to meet with Him, God gave Moses directions for building the tabernacle. At the beginning of this conversation God said make it exactly as I show you (Exodus 25:8-9). Then as the instructions are given, God continues to say make it like the pattern you are being shown. (Ex 25:40, 26:30, 27:8).

Made me wonder...how many times has God shown me what I should do and I don't do it exactly as He has shown me. Maybe it's a change and I am resistant. Maybe it's about my actions and I only do part of what I know I should do. Maybe it's about my attitudes and I want to harbor ill feelings toward someone who has wronged me; but God says I must forgive if they repent. Maybe there is some sin in my life, but it's only a LITTLE sin.

When my child was young, cleaning his room, to him, might mean pushing everything under the bed. To me, that room was not clean - looked clean but the mess was still there. Am I treating God that way...doing enough to look good but when God looks under the bed (in my heart) is the mess still there? Incomplete obedience is disobedience. Help me, Lord, to do exactly as You show me in all aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment