Friday, January 2, 2009

Worship God

I got a link (that no longer works) recently from a friend. It took me to a video of 6 or 8 people sitting around stumps in a forest wailing over the death of trees. I found the intensity of this sorrow over the death of trees to be alarming.

I wonder if these same people would mourn the death of an unborn child at the hands of an abortionist. Some people seem to equate all life or even put other life above the life of human beings. I do think it is sad when a species becomes extinct, especially if we have overtaken their habitat and starved them out. We are to be good stewards of the resources provided for us; unfortunately we are not always. But mankind alone is made in the image of God.

Only people can have a personal, vibrant relationship with the living God. How? Through Jesus Christ, his son. God is not "out there" but here within me day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment