Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No Perfect People Allowed

Perry just started a new series at NewSpring called No Perfect People Allowed. I am so glad God didn't require me to come up to His standards before I could come to Him as my Savior. In fact, the Bible tells me that while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me (Romans 5:8).

Over and over God uses imperfect people who mess up. Jacob was like that. With his mother's help, Jacob deceived his father in order to steal Esau's blessing. Yet God continued to proclaim His covenant to Jacob and to show Jacob who He is. How did Jacob respond? The way I should - by worshiping God.

I am so glad that God gives me second chances. I can never be what He wants me to be apart from the Spirit of God that lives within me. As long as I walk this earth I WILL screw up but I have the assurance of 1 John 1:9 to know I can be forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment