Sunday, January 18, 2009

How Much Do I Care?

Perry really hit home with me tonight during his message. I have friends and coworkers that I know do not know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Do I feel enough anguish and enough responsibility to have the hard discussions with them? Do I REALLY care if they spend eternity in hell?

I can't save them. Only God can do that. Only God can draw them to Himself. But He CAN and WILL use me to speak truth into their lives - if I will be obedient. Am I willing to get outside my comfort zone to talk to them? I don't need to pray about this because it is a clear mandate from Scripture that I let my light shine, be the salt on the wound of their lives, take the risk of being hated to share the love AND the wrath of God.

I have several people that I have been inviting to church for 5 or 6 weeks who have not come yet. One friend is coming next Sunday. Another is an unmarried, unchurched couple having a baby in June and another unmarried couple who have walked away from church. (Sin does that to you.) God's timing is perfect in all situations. But maybe I need to do more than just ask them to church. Maybe I need to lovingly confront them with TRUTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment