Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Home Group

We had a different home group location tonight. Our group was invited to visit in the home of Howard and Consie Frist, Campus Pastor of NewSpring Greenville. What a great time we had talking about church and hearing Howard's story of how he became part of the staff. We also discussed some of the things that will be happening in the future. How exciting to be part of what God is doing in the Upstate!

Now, this has nothing to do with home group but as I was reading in Genesis today, I was once again amazed at Abraham's faith. When he sent his servant to find a wife for Isaac, the servant asked a question...what if she won't come here, do I take Isaac there? Abraham said absolutely not; God has promised this land to my offspring (Genesis 24:7-8).

But the servant displayed great faith too. When he reached the land of Abraham's family, the servant prayed to the "God of my master, Abraham" with the assurance that the Lord would show him the wife GOD had picked out for Isaac. Genesis 24:12-14

Made me wonder...do I believe, REALLY believe, that God has a plan and God knows the future and God wants the best for me and God is totally trustworthy? Some days - actually most days - I really DO believe all is in God's hands. But there are times when I ACT like I don't believe it. Am I worried about something? Am I manipulating a situation to MAKE something happen rather than letting God work it out? Am I talking more to my friends or coworkers about a situation rather than God? Am I reading "self-help" rather than getting God help from His Word? Can't have it both ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment