Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's My Passion

We had our Production Team Christmas party last night. Yes, it is the end of January. There is so much going on in the month of December, there really wasn't time to add one more thing to the agenda.

After some time getting to meet everyone and after a great dinner and talk around the tables, Kevin issued a challenge to us all. He told us how he believes NewSpring is highly favored by God but that comes at a cost. I don't think any of us know why God is blessing NewSpring as He is but Kevin shared some statistics to show God's favor. When NewSpring Greenville started last July 13, we had 1710 in attendance. Our average attendance grew to 1820 and then we had 3 services on Dec. 21 with an attendance of 2797. In the 6 months of 2008, NewSpring Greenville saw 165 salvations and baptised 151.

An even greater blessing than that is in the month of January, we have seen 65 salvations and had a non holiday, non special event high attendance of 2378. Last week we had baptisms in all 3 services but I don't know that number. God has really looked at NewSpring with favor.

Kevin's challenge was to be sure that what I am doing, where I am serving as a volunteer is my passion. Do I have an attitude that expresses my passion? Am I willing to be early or stay late? Am I always striving for perfection, for excellence in what I do? Do I pray that lives will be changed because of what I do? Am I always prepared? Do I believe that what I do is important to the kingdom of God? If Production is NOT my passion (but for me it is!!), then I should serve in another area because I am cheating God and Kevin and the team and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment