Sunday, January 18, 2009

God ALWAYS Provides a Way

That always is for us - me - to be reconciled to God. Reading in Leviticus about the sacrifices God required for atonement for sin. In chapter 4 one of the first things I noticed is the sacrifice for the priest or the whole congregation was a bull without blemish. For a leader the sacrifice was a male goat without blemish. For the common people, it was a female goat or lamb without blemish. God required a more costly sacrifice for the priest than for the leader and more costly for the leader than for common people. Much more was required of the priest and the leader so their sin required a more costly sacrifice.

In chapter 5 of Leviticus, God provides a way for EVERYONE to make the sacrifices necessary for atonement for even unintentional sins. A lamb or goat is the first requirement, but, God says, if you can't afford that bring Me 2 turtledoves or pigeons, but if you can't afford the birds bring me flour as an offering. In each instance God says the sin will be forgiven. God has ALWAYS made a way for His people to be reconciled to Him.

When the animal was brought, it was to be the best - without blemish or defect. Today I don't have to offer the blood of animals because Jesus Christ, the spotless Lamb of God, the only person without blemish or defect, chose to shed His blood for me, to pay the price required by a holy God to reconcile my sinful life to His perfection.

That just overwhelms me. How deep is the love of God for me that He would provide the sacrifice!! He so wants me to be His that He even paid the price for my reconciliation. That just blows me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment