Saturday, January 3, 2009

Reading through the Bible

I started reading through the Bible on January 1; it's been a couple of years. I am always amazed at the story of creation. All the God said, God saw, God made, God created, God separated, God formed, God blessed statements make me wonder why I think I need to help God with my life. He is the all powerful, all sufficient, all knowing God. I just need to surrender to him daily.

Genesis is also where God begins to reveal himself with all sorts of different names: God, Lord God, the Lord, the God who sees me, God Most High, God Almighty, the Everlasting God. And this is just the beginning!

And then there is Abraham. When God said something to Abraham like Go! Abraham went. Abraham is a study in obedience and worship, falling on his face before God.

What powerful lessons there are to learn! What a mighty God I serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment