Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ah, Internet

Finally, FINALLY, I have my internet up and running. It was a very simple fix but I just couldn't take the time off from work before my trip to Kenya. And before that it would work a day or two and not work a day or two. But I really got tired of lugging the laptop to work and then to B&N or Panera to use the wi-fi.

I was told to plan on being home from 8 - 12 but the guy got here about 9:45 and by 10:30 I was out the door and headed to work. So all in all it was not a bad experience.

Oh, and the easy part was simply removing one of the feeds into the house. Seems I had 2 feeds and the older line had corroded or something so that no signal was coming through it. Fortunately the line to the jack I actually use for the internet (and I have no home phone) was the newer line. When the tech removed the old line the DSL was not confused about where to send the signal and voila' I now have internet again! (But my mouse died so I have to use the touch pad and I'm not very fast with that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment