Thursday, July 9, 2009

Boast in the Lord

I read this passage several days ago. Although it is a very familiar passage to me, I keep coming back to it. This passage has also been made into a song that I listen to.

Often people want to boast about their wisdom, accomplishments, power, riches. It makes us feel important or successful or just validates us in some way. But God tells us here that the important thing to boast about is

"that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord
who demonstrates unfailing love
and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth,
and that I delight in these things.
I, the Lord , have spoken!"

That is the prayer of my heart...that I would not be concerned with, be unduly proud of, feel a necessity to boast about anything but Jesus and His saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment