Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Word Became Flesh..

Genesis 1:3,6,9,11,14,20,24,26 And God said, Let there be...light; Heaven; dry land, seas, plants; sun, moon, stars; fish, birds; land animals, man...and it was so

John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us...

That series of verses just blows my mind. How great is our God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, who can just speak and the whole universe comes together, everything just IS. But even more mind boggling to me is that spoken, creative word, the Word, took on human form so that He could dwell among us. So that He could touch us and love us and heal us and correct us and teach us and die for us.

I want to question, to ask how'd You do that?! Why'd You do that?! But it is not for me to understand, not now, not in this life. It is for me to believe. Just simply believe. I am so unworthy of all that God has done and continues to do for me. It overwhelms me and all I can say is thank You! All I can do is surrender my heart and allow Him to have full control of my life.

The Word became flesh - Jesus Christ the one and only Son of God - so that I could live for all eternity with Him as a child of God...beginning the very day I said yes to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment