Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Warm Days and Nights

Last Sunday was my first load in/load out day. It was a very long day. I got to the Carolina First Center around 4:15 AM to help with the load in and set up. Then I worked production for 2 services. When the 2nd service was over around 1:00 PM we began the tear down/load out. We finished up about 2:30.

The warehouse area is, of course, not air conditioned. We had to roll all the cases, crates, cribs etc to the dock to be loaded. By the time I left I was very hot and sweaty. As I headed toward Spartanburg, I grabbed a sandwich and a COLD drink looking forward to a nap when I got home. That was not to be. When I walked in my house, it was very warm because my air conditioning was on the blink! Two days and $685 later it is working again but my thoughts of a nap went out the window.

Even though I opened the windows and turned on the fans, I just couldn't get really comfortable. One of the ladies I work with offered me her spare room, but I decided to tough it out. Part of that was because I thought how much I do have - water, a roof, food, clothes, a job, a car - I have SO much and knew that I shouldn't be really bent out of shape over a little thing like AC. However, I am VERY glad that it is fixed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment