Friday, July 17, 2009

Fridays

Fridays always come with mixed blessings. It is the end of the work week but it is also a slow day at work (usually) so the day seems longer than most.

Friday nights I have my grandchildren here with me. I love Nate and Bella so much and I really enjoy watching them grow up. But having them here means I never get to "sleep in" on Saturday morning. Of course I don't sleep late anyway but having them here means fixing breakfast and being active at an early hour. There is no sitting and reading a book or drinking a cup of tea QUIETLY on the deck. Bella is 4 and talks constantly about everything and nothing. But it won't be long until they will be doing their own thing on Friday nights - football and movies and dates - and they won't have much time for Grandma Nancy.

This week will be just Bella and me. Nate is spending the night with Cole because he is going to the beach with them and they are leaving early Saturday morning. It is a much slower pace when it's just us girls. Bella enjoys being able to watch the movies she wants to watch with no argument from her brother. Nate, at 10, takes great pleasure in taunting his little sister so with him away, Bella won't cry and won't get angry and won't have to tattle all weekend. MUCH quieter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment