Thursday, July 9, 2009

Loving Facebook

I recently set up a Facebook profile and started using this "social networking" media. I have to say that I really enjoy knowing what all sorts of people I know, some I never see, are up to. Some are old friends from my previous church that I haven't seen or talked to in over a year but now we are "catching up". I like that!

It's neat to see pictures of grandchildren or graduations or family vacations. It's fun to be able to comment, to let an old friend (or a new one) know that I appreciate, like, pray for whatever is going on in their life. I actually had Josephine, our translator in Kenya, send me a friend request so now I am able to communicate with her and know what she is doing. I can ask her to hug her mom, Faith, for me. That's just too cool.

One of the things I've noticed is that I have lots of people who make lots of comments, share pictures, etc and lots of other people who never say anything. My only issue now is the time I spend on the computer. I didn't even turn it on last night, on purpose. I gave up TV over a year ago and only watch VERY sporadically but I don't want to turn into a computer junkie either. I gave up TV because I was watching more of it than I was reading my Bible or praying or even just reading. I don't want to just transfer that time to the computer. I think the word I need is discipline - but that ain't fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment