Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Seek With All My Heart

One of the verses a lot of people have as their life verse is Jeremiah 29:11..."I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord..." That is an important verse - a verse that reminds us that God directs our paths.

But I happen to like Jeremiah 29:13-14a. If I want to know the plans of God, the plans He has for me, I need to seek God with my whole heart. He has promised that I will find Him when I do seek Him this way. There is no other way to really know God's plans for me.

How often though is my seeking half-hearted? What if I am too busy or tired or lazy? How often do I put other things before seeking God? Even though I read my Bible and pray, is it with my WHOLE heart or just because I think I ought to. Am I really trying to find God and His plans or just fulfill a duty? The last half of Jeremiah 12:2 says, "You are near in their mouth but far from their heart." Don't let that be me Lord! Put within me a passion for You and for Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment