Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lots to Pray About

Lots of people ask me to pray about various things. The challenge for me is not to forget. One of the worst things, in my mind, is to tell someone I will pray for them and then not do it. Or perhaps I know of a need in someones life that I should be praying about whether they ask me to or not. Not doing what I know I should be doing is sin.

Right now I am praying for a single mom and her daughter; for friends who have separated after 19 years of marriage; for the last week of Crossroads camp; for the Gauntlet; for my grandchildren and their parents; for a friend's mom who is very sick; for our President; for Perry and his family; for other staff at NewSpring at all campuses.

But do I pray for them with earnestness? Do I really stand in the gap for them? Do I just say help, heal, restore, guide or do I really wrestle with God for them? Do I beg God to do great and miraculous things in their lives? Or are they just a passing thought in my mind as I pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment