Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wow, What a Day

That's about all I can say...WOW! What a day. Perry gave a really powerful message today aimed at Christians. I know it's been a great message when God breaks my heart!

Am I obsessed with my image...my image before men when my heart is not right with God? Do I have garbage in my life I am trying to hide or cover up with outside stuff? Who am I when no one is looking? Do I believe the lie that I can walk with God and keep the garbage hidden?

Jesus had some of His strongest criticisms for the Pharisees who were the religious elite, the most "godly" people around in His day. But Jesus called them hypocrites and blind and whitewashed tombs! Looking good on the outside but full of garbage on the inside. Matthew 23:25-28.

Do I have idols in my life? Is there ANYTHING or ANYONE I love more than Jesus? My service, my family, my stuff, my habits? If there is it is an idol!! Ezekiel 14:1-5

Am I resisting the invasion of the Holy Spirit to convict me of the garbage and/or idols? As a Christ follower, someone who claims Jesus as Savior, He is not IN my life, He IS my life. Colossians 3:1-4.

Lord, as I listened to I Surrender All, I knew there were things I have not completely surrendered to You...whether an action or attitude. Thank you for convicting me. Help me to totally surrender to You in EVERY area of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment