Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jesus IS My Life

I've been thinking a lot about this scripture. Perry talked about this on Sunday. Jesus is not IN my life, He IS my life.

Is He really??? Is everything I do done because Jesus is living and breathing and acting and thinking and moving and caring and talking and working? I want to be overwhelmed with the presence of Jesus; aware of Him in every moment of my life.

I was reading Oswald Chambers this morning and he was talking about the poor in spirit. Before Jesus can be everything, I must be nothing. When I get to the end of me, then there is only Jesus. That can be really hard because I have mental abilities and talents and gifts that have allowed me to be successful in a lot of different ventures in the business world and in church world. It's hard sometimes to remember that it's not me, I don't do anything. Without Jesus I CAN DO NOTHING! Everything I am is because of God's touch on my life.

Jesus should be my life. The Holy Spirit dwells in me to conform me to the image of Christ. That is the only way Jesus can be my life. Paul said to live is Christ, not to be like Christ. Let it be so in my life, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment