Friday, July 17, 2009

God Pursues

Most of the prophecy of Jeremiah is spent telling the people of Israel and Judah about the wrath of God that is coming, and has already come, in the form of exile to Babylon and the destruction of Jerusalem.

God is angry because His people, the people He led out of captivity in Egypt and brought to this land flowing with milk and honey, have turned away from Him to worship and serve other gods. Jeremiah 32:31-35

But God has relentlessly pursued them. He says in Jeremiah 32:39, "And I will give them one heart and one purpose: to worship me forever, for their own good and for the good of all their descendants." In chapter 33 verses 6-9, God says, I will heal, I will restore, I will cleanse, I will forgive, I do good for them, I provide.

How many times has God had to pursue me? How many times have I walked away from the truth of His word or the conviction of His Spirit? How many times have I turned my back on God? How many times have I congratulated myself for something when without God it wouldn't be?

Thank you, Lord, for never leaving me or forsaking me. When I have been at my worst, You pursued me relentlessly; convicting me of sin and cleansing me from all the filth. Even now when I long to serve You and to live by Your word, I still stumble, I still sin but You are ALWAYS there ready to forgive. Your arms are ALWAYS open as You wait for me to respond to the conviction of Your Spirit. Thank You, Father, for healing, restoring, cleansing, forgiving, doing good and providing!! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment