Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ignore God's Word

One of the things God asked Jeremiah to do was write down all the things God had said to him. So Jeremiah dictated all God had said to Baruch who wrote it all on scroll. Jeremiah 36:4

Because Jeremiah did not speak words the leaders wanted to hear, he had been banned from going to the temple so he sent Baruch there with the scroll to read it to the people. After the leaders heard this they took it to the king. As each section was read, the king cut it off and threw it into the fire.

Do I ever do that? I don't literally cut up my Bible and throw it in the fire but do I read it and then ignore what it says? Do I think that if I just ignore it, I don't have to believe it or it won't be true?

I think that is what King Jehoiakim thought...if I just burn it up, this prophesy I don't like will not come true. But God IS God and His word is ALWAYS true! Ignoring what God says doesn't make it go away or take away my responsibility to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment