Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bad Things, Good People

Yesterday I wrote about disasters and punishment for our sins as a country. As I read more in Jeremiah this morning and thought about what I wrote, I thought about the church age that we live in now.

God punished Jesus for our sins. He took all the wrath of God's judgment on the cross. Does that apply to countries too? Don't know. God doesn't send the storms of life to punish us but I certainly think He allows them to come for purposes of correction and to cause us to rely only on Him. We can't usually do much when the storms come but hang on for dear life. It's at those times people cry out to God for Him to rescue them.

For those who are Christ followers those are times when our faith is tested and refined. Times when we have to trust God when we have no idea what the outcome will be. I guess it is an age old dilemma about why bad things happen to good people...except the Bible tells us that not one of us is good but God alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment