Monday, July 13, 2009

Pray for Perry

Yesterday, I was convicted that I don't pray for my pastor, Perry Noble, nearly enough. He told a story of being in Sam's with Charisse and Lucretia and having a man come up to him and just really tear him down.

I need to keep lifting Perry and his family before the Lord. Not only does he have the tremendous responsibility of being shepherd to 10,000+ sheep, he is faced with an onslaught of attack by the enemy.

I don't know what would make a man think he has the right or responsibility to tell Perry what he thinks of him while in the middle of a store and Perry is holding his 2 year old daughter.

Father, I pray that you would protect Perry, Lucretia and Charisse. Protect them physically from all the stuff of life - accidents, illness, injury. Protect them emotionally from the barbs and arrows of hate and misunderstanding that are flung in their direction. Protect them spiritually so that they will not grow weary in serving You and so that they will never doubt Your presence or the call on their lives. Help me and others be just as vocal in our love for and support of Perry as those who want to tear him down. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment